Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is seeking a highly visible and impactful servant leader with experience in Adult I/DD to provide oversight of our New Jersey statewide programs and services for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental, emotional, behavioral and medical challenges.
With an operating budget of $72 million and over 800 dedicated employees, this position will lead Devereux New Jersey’s mission-oriented and growing operations and oversee the development and delivery of an array of community-based services. The Executive Director will partner with senior Devereux leadership in developing and implementing the strategic plan for DNJ while overseeing operations and organizational development, as well as direct statewide development and fundraising activities.
**This position is based out of the Cherry Hill NJ location (with possible hybrid option), selected candidate will need to be able to travel to programs statewide**
About Devereux New Jersey
We provide an array of individualized supports, quality-based services for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental, emotional, behavioral and medical needs. These services include community-based homes and apartments, vocational training, case management, intensive in-home supports, and family-based service models focusing on positive and strength-based approaches. The populations served include intellectual and/or developmental disabilities; autism spectrum disorders; dual diagnosis (MH-I/DD co-occurring developmental disabilities and mental health disorders) and emotional and behavioral disorders in addition to individuals identified with social and sexual issues. Learn more at www.devereuxnj.org.
We invite you to bring your exceptional leadership skills and experience to Devereux New Jersey. In this impactful leadership role, you will:
- Create a vision, plan and implementation strategy, aligned with Devereux’s mission and vision;
- Manage implementation of new programs and services;
- Identify business opportunities for organizational growth to enhance financial strength and contribution margin, as well as create non-operating revenue;
- Implement long-term revenue, cost and donor strategies that align with corporate objectives;
- Create a culture and system that capitalizes on the diversity of our employees, that will attract, develop and retain the best employees;
- Ensure training is provided that meets regulatory and agency requirements, and strategically supports internal development of employees at all levels to address future business needs;
- Influence business practices and policy by creating new ventures or building on existing advantage;
- Possess expert knowledge of current and future cost drivers in the industry;
- Work collaboratively with Devereux’s senior leadership, as well as with internal and external stakeholders.
Keywords: executive director, assistant executive director, director of operations, operations director
**For consideration, please submit a cover letter along with your resume**
- Master’s Degree in Education, Healthcare Administration, Human Services, Business Administration or other related field. Graduate level credentials in Behavioral Health preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a senior level management role with Devereux, or a comparable organization, overseeing the delivery of community-based programs and with I/DD individuals.
- Strong administrative, programmatic, analytic, financial and operational experience in a multi-disciplinary treatment environment.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Have a strong understanding of Trauma Informed Care, Servant Leadership, and PBIS principles.